Wednesday, December 16, 2009

expect the unexpected

019 copy (by Leaca's Philosophy)
I normally do not post shots that do not turn out so great, nor do I edit them. I like everyone else on flickr really do not want to advertise the fact that some of my shots do not turn out for what ever reason it might be. BUT today I am making an exception. (the only reason I can do this to this family is they are like my family so they get the same treatment as my own family....tortured)

My friend had these cute little dresses for her girls and I had been doing a ton of sessions in the frost and she thought the dresses would look so nice against the frost. So she asked if I could do a mini session for her. The second we head outside one of the girls slips and falls, the temperature is around 15 degrees, and the baby is not feeling well. All elements that almost make it impossible to get a happy family picture.

We tried. I finally said this is not going to work! We called it a bust and as we were walking inside I said to her in a serious tone, "You were right those dresses really do look nice against the frost." To that she said, "I told you they would!" then we break out in laughter.

The photo above was the BEST shot. When I came home and pulled the shots up I laughed so hard I cried.

My advice is when the shots are just not working, call it a day. Don't waste your time. Try it another day. It happens, roll with it. =]

009 copy (by Leaca's Philosophy)
006 copy (by Leaca's Philosophy)

No comments:

Post a Comment